The Willow and The Oak Tree






Didn’t think I was going to manage to meet my target today during my Rise and Shine 9K Steps by 9 challenge, as I had several things I needed to do before 9am. And yet I felt like I absolutely must stick to the routine and not deviate or I would fail. Sometimes I have to be reminded that it’s ok to flex the plan, sometimes being more adaptable allows us to get more done.
The Oak and the Willow -Fables of Aesop. Extract taken from Cor Therapy willow and oak
In the same field stand both a mighty oak tree and a willow tree. The willow tree envies the power and strength that the oak tree possesses. One day a storm, with whipping winds and torrential rain, makes its way through the field. After the storm passes, the willow tree notices that the oak tree has fallen over in the storm. In a state of confusion, she asks the farmer what happened to the oak tree. The farmer tells the willow tree that although the oak was mighty and solid, it was also rigid and inflexible and when the winds were too much for it to resist, the oak tree collapsed under the pressure. The willow thought about herself for a minute. She realized that her ability to survive the storm was due to her flexibility and adaptability as she was able to bend with the wind to weather the storm.

Comments

Popular Posts