Smoking and Scone Anonymous

Smoking and Scone Anonymous




In 2020, I lost around 23lbs in weight and was feeling really good. 💓

Then because I felt so good, I decided it was time to stop smoking too because, well quite frankly, its a disgusting habit, my kids hated it and were embarrassed by the fact I smoke, and to be honest, it was impacting on any type of cardio exercise I was trying to partake in. That and I  also decided I wasn't ready to kill myself with any more poison. 💀 

So I ordered and read a copy of  Allan Carr - Easy Way to Stop Smoking and began the journey of giving my lungs a chance to heal and hoping to  extend my life somewhat considerably.

The first few days were so hard and as many smokers will know, when you stop smoking, this vice is often and easily replaced with another. This definitely happened to me. 😳

Its the vice I like to call "Stuff as many sweet things in your mouth as you possibly can, every time you would normally reach for a cigarette". And guess what, I was bloody good at this vice. I aced this vice. Scones, Biscuits, Scones, the kids Haribo, Maoams, Scones, Fizzy cola bottles, Skittles, Peppermint Aero's, Mint Magnums and oh, did I mention the Scones?

I'm  now one year Smoke Free  - Hurrah, yay, go me!!  But it transpires I've swapped one bad habit for another and the main culprit - sugar, more notably Scones. 🥮🥮🥮

Scones are taking over my life. I could eat them from breakfast, elevenses, lunch, threeses (is that even a thing  - actually no, I think it may be called afternoon tea 😏), dinner, supper, any time is Scone O'clock. 😩. One minute they are there and the next, Scone (sorry that's poor even by my standards)

The weight is right back on and if there was ever a need for Scone Anonymous I need it so badly. Its gotten so bad, i've even wondered about making my own jam to add to the scones so I dont have to look like I also have a Jam problem when I  do my weekly shop in Aldi.... and can you make your own clotted cream? OMG, I need to stop  🔴

So I've decided from here on in, Scone must be gone.  I'm not saying its forever (god forbid I cant see my life without a scone from time to time) but in the short term, we must part ways. For now, I need to do some Scone Healing....





Comments

Popular Posts