Rise and Shine -9K Steps by 9

Rise and Shine -9K Steps by 9




So, to try and conquer the effects Scones (see previous post) have been having on my waist line since quitting smoking, I have jumped feet first into a new challenge. Never been one to go in gentle and work my way up. Oh no no no, lets not make life easy for ourselves, this one requires a mere 5:15am start and then walking 9,000 steps by 9am.

I am currently aiming to get all my steps done by 7am however, which is when I need to be home, to ensure the Bratpack are woken from their peaceful slumber to get ready for the place they call Six Cruel Hours Of Our Lives, more commonly known to us grown-ups as School. 😉

Anyways, I have set myself this challenge , for the month of May, to give myself a kick up the bum to become more active, force myself to get outside more,  which in the long run, or walk in my case, can only be a good thing right? After all, physical health is so important to our wellbeing.

Today is day 8 of the challenge and I captured this photo of the :Taraxacum officinale (or to us non-botanists, the Dandelion)

Did you know the dandelion is the only flower representing three celestial bodies   during different phases of its life cycle – sun, moon, stars. The yellow   flower of the plant resembles the sun, the dispersing seeds of the plant   resemble stars, and the puff ball of dandelion plant resembles the moon. 

 Dandelions funnily enough have some amazing Health Benefits

  • Highly nutritious
  • Contains potent antioxidants
  • May help fight inflammation
  • May aid in blood sugar management
  • May reduce cholesterol levels
  • May lower blood pressure
  • May promote liver health
  • May aid weight loss

Now this is all well and good but actually the French word [for dandelion] is pissenlit, which when separated slight translates to "pee the bed." 😛. So, I may hold off picking or eating more than one at a time 😊

I'll keep you posted on how the challenge pans out, if I don't pass out sooner - lol


Comments

Popular Posts